Life in the Bamboo

Monday, February 03, 2003

Well, finally the first day of work was done. It seemed very long. I joined a meeting with one of customer and listened to my boss giving a lecture of our system to them. It was so hard to catch up what they were talking about. All I could do was to make some notes about what I didn't know and sometimes I needed to become an interpretator to a native speaker working with us and to the customers who could hardly understand what he said.
It was the first time I interpretted on business so that I found it very difficult, I volunteered to do that though. It's necessary for me to learn loads of technical knowledge as much as possible, yeah, I know it'll be hard....

I am happy with the colleagues who are so nice and kind, I will be enjoying with my new work anyway.


Today, the 3rd of Feb is "Setsubun", which means the day of the eve of the beginning of spring. We scatter the soy beans everwhere at home as saying "Come on, Happiness" and scatter them toward the outside from house as saying "Get out, devil", it would be better that one person will play a roll of devil with a devil-like mask so everyone will bit the soy beans to him/her. And the grilled head of a sardine is put at the entrance in order it to protect the house from the unfurtune. It is the sort of traditional custom in Japan. Nowday we eat the suchi roll as well. This custom is very popular in Tokyo now but actuall it came from the west of Japan. We bite a 9cm long suchi-roll with a diameter of 5cm facing to the direction of Happiness- this year of one is the South South East. Oh I should tell you that you must do that "with a laugh".






size Oni
9cm long sushi-roll my bro. putting a devil-like mask

How to bite one, click here!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home