Life in the Bamboo

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

I got a call from Citi Bank yesterday and a Citi bank lady left a message in my message machine that she'd had my ATM card. I rushed to fetch my purse and look for my card inside and outside. Then I guessed that if my memory serves me right, I lost it last Friday when I dropped by a branch of Mitsui-Sumitomo Bank near my office to withdraw some money for the weekend activities.
It was a bit late night when I got this message, so I decided to see my account record throught the Internet and check if there hadn't been any suspicous dealing since last Friday. Fortunately, there wasn't. This morning I rang up the lady at a number she gave me but it was always engaged. Needless to say, I started feeling a bit doubtful that it might have got me in a trouble or something. So I rang up the customer service center instead and told an operator about a whole story. She got my ATM card unusable temporarily and transfered a line to the lady who phoned me yesterday for me to talk with her. After all, I succeeded in getting my ATM card back today.
Accroding to the lady dealing with my ATM card, it was on an ATM machean in a branch of Mitui-Sumito Bank near my office. Then it was sent back to Citi Bank Sibuya branch office. When I talked with the operator of the customer center, she told me my card was delivered by C.O.D from Mitui-Sumitomo bank. I know she didn't mean to tell me that, probably she was just checking the customer data base or something to sort out what was going on so that she told me that by accident. It's kinda funny to me and made me grim. I thought that she was definitely a human being, because she sounded like an automatic answer machine at my first impression of her on the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home