Tokyo Notice Board is one of my favorite free magazine that prints not only pub-infomation or classified ads but also some interesting columns posted by readers.
Columns in this week's edition are interesting. Columnists poke fun at Japanese workers or work environment or worker's incomprehensible behavior. I really enjoyed with them, as I could realise how strange we were and our behaivor was, that'd be normal I believed. For example, "Dr. Robo-Man and Mister Cool" by Mr. Irit Dabby from Tokyo Voice Column, says that "You can become a person's best buddy one nomikai(after-work drinking event), and that person will not recognize you the next morning, not until the next nomikai anyhow.". He appointed absolutely right aspect to see Japanese workers. Actually that's me. At the last company there were many colleagues I never worked with, but I hanged out to nomikai quite often. We had a really good time but the next morning we didn't exchange any single words for some reason and behaived as if you were just one of acquaintances. To make a thing worse was that I said to them on the phone coldly and meanly like "Ms. XX has gone to a meeting, I m afraid."
To be honest, until he pointed out this fact I hadn't been aware that I had an odd behavior. Mmm, it's nice to hear an outsider's point of view about my culture.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home